L-shaped desks give you a large, flexible work surface and room for storage. They’re a popular corner desk solution among corporate office and home office users. T2B stocks a wide selection of L-shaped computer desks, executive desks, reception desks, and team workstations. All T2B office furniture is beautifully designed and built to last.
The Benefits of an L-Shaped Desk
Why do so many people consider this design the perfect desk? An L-shaped desk provides several advantages.
- Flexible workspace. You can use an L-shaped, sometimes called a corner desk, as a writing desk, executive desk, or computer desk. These desks, by design, allow you to easily switch between 2 workspace options with only the swivel of a chair– leaving you room to brainstorm, meet with colleagues, or help the kids with homework while working from home.
- Ample storage space. Some L-shaped desks come with a built-in hutch or storage cabinets. Other modern designs opt for the clean lines of a parsons-style frame, allowing you to add your storage options, like a file drawer, to customize the desk directly to your needs.
- Maximize floor space. Are you working in a small space? An L-shaped desk can easily be pushed along the walls to provide the perfect corner desk.
- Computer desk. When every desk is a computer desk, an L-shaped desk provides you with a dedicated space for your computer. Many of these office desks also come with a keyboard drawer, allowing you to access your keyboard when you need it, and maintain an elegant, clean appearance when you don’t.
- Standing desk options. Some L-shaped desks come with an adjustable height standing desk on one side, allowing you to choose between sitting or standing while working.
- Laminate: Because laminate is an engineered material, it can be constructed to withstand high levels of impact and consistent wear. There are different grades of laminate, with some more durable than others. High-performance laminate can be one of the best materials for corporate office settings because of its ability to withstand wear and tear.
- Wood: Solid wood desks are as beautiful as they are timeless. They also come with a couple of drawbacks: they’re heavy, making them difficult to move, and they aren’t as durable as many performance office furniture materials. Because of this, wood L-desks are usually best used as a home office desk rather than in a commercial office setting.
- Engineered wood: Engineered wood pairs affordability with durability. If you’re looking for the “solid wood” look, but you don’t want to pay the price tag that matches it, engineered wood can be an ideal alternative.
- Metal: Metal is lightweight, affordable, and durable, making it a popular material for office desks, especially in modern silhouettes. You’ll most commonly see it incorporate in desks with mixed materials. For example, you might see a laminate or wood top paired with a metal frame.
What to Look for in an L-Shaped Desk
What matters most in shopping for an L-desk will vary based on the room you have and what you’re using the desk for, but you can follow a few general rules to help you narrow down your search and find an excellent desk.
Look for an L-shaped desk with:
- A size and shape that fits your office space
- A sturdy frame
- File cabinet options or shelf space for storage
Popular L-Shaped Desks
Style can be just as important as function. For example, white is a perennial favorite for office furniture because of its clean lines and the bright atmosphere it creates. Black l-shaped desks, by contrast, provide a more dramatic look.