The right carpet can be the perfect complement to your decor, provide strong sound dampening and acoustic benefits, as well as an atmosphere of warm invitation within your office space. The good news is that there are many excellent carpet options to choose from when selecting flooring for your office.
Unfortunately, office carpet listings do not come with blinking neon signs signaling which carpet is the “just right” choice for your office space. However, this guide can be your go-to resource for choosing the carpet that is an ideal fit for your office.
Why Choose Carpet for Your Office?
Office flooring is a critical element of your overall office design and decor. Carpeting is an excellent material for many reasons. Not the least of which is the expansive range of vivid color options available thanks to modern high-velocity dying methods available. There are several critical advantages for considering carpet over other flooring options, including:
- Most modern carpet options emit fewer VOCs (volatile organic compounds) than other flooring types.
- Carpet reduces the risk of slips and falls from slick floors and softens landings when they do occur.
- Office carpeting reduces noise in the workplace from walking, moving office furniture, and conversations.
- Carpet is recyclable, commonly used to make products like roofing shingles and other products.
- Most modern carpet promotes a beautiful, modern workspace for your office staff and visitors.
- Improved energy efficiency for your office as carpet fibers act as a natural insulation in your office compared to hard-surface flooring options.
As you can see, there are plenty of reasons to choose carpet for your office. Preliminary studies even suggest that carpet can increase productivity in the workplace. Carpet absorbs sound, as mentioned above, which makes it easier for your employees to focus on their work and avoid the distractions of other peoples’ movements and conversations.
Now it’s time to determine which key factors to look for when choosing the perfect carpet for your office.
Select Carpet that is Built to Last
Quality commercial carpet comes with varying expectations about durability. Always check the life expectancy of the carpet when choosing commercial flooring for your office. For the most part, carpet makers will offer warranties for anywhere between 10 and 30 years.
The longer the warranty, the more you can expect to pay for the carpet. The good news is that you can expect your carpet to remain in good shape for the duration as long as you properly maintain it along the way. These elements may impact the resilience you need in the carpet for your office.
- Foot traffic. High-traffic areas require greater durability than private office or conference room carpeting.
- Ease of maintenance. The easier your carpet is to maintain, the more likely you will be satisfied with your selection.
- Office lighting. Make sure to bring a sample of the carpet you’re considering to view in your office lighting before installing to avoid a “wow factor” you didn’t plan after installation.
- The carpet’s ability to withstand spills, stains, and other accidents. Consider medium colors for your carpet, as lighter colors seem to attract unsightly stains.
These considerations can help you make choices about the type of carpet you need for your office in terms of durability, maintenance, cleaning, and long-lasting beauty.
Making the Right Design about Your Office Carpet
Working with an experienced design team can help you choose carpet built to withstand any abuse your daily office environment may deliver and continue looking fabulous when you’re ready to make changes to the design of your office space. The color and style of carpet is as important as its ability to last.
Of course, it is equally vital to choose carpet that accomplishes your design goals as well. Sometimes, this means you need to make bold design choices that allow your office carpet to be a statement piece for your workplace. In other instances, you may prefer something more opulent, perhaps even exotic in design.
Or, you may want the carpet to be understated to highlight other design elements and features of your office. Many excellent options are available to help you accomplish your design goals with carpet in your office space. It’s always wise to see carpet samples in the office space with your office lighting before making your final choice.
Are you looking for office carpeting solution in Central PA? T2B Commercial Interiors works not only with architects and designers but, we also have our own, on staff design team that can help create stunning workplaces for area businesses. We are committed to completing your product on time, on-brand, and on budget. Visit today to learn about our outstanding options for office carpets and commercial flooring.